Monday, September 12, 2005

Ganesha's Beautiful Image...



The temple complex is within a high-walled enclosure, at the core of which are the two sanctums for Meenakshi and Sundareshwara, surrounded by a number of smaller shrines and grand pillared halls. Especially impressive are the 12 Gopuras. Their soaring towers rise from solid granite bases, and are covered with stucco figures of deities, mythical animals and monsters painted in vivid colours.
The Image above is of Lord Ganesha's Scuplture as one of the many... which adorn the walls around the temple complex... The Green things is bunch of grass that is given to Lord Ganesha as an offering by devotees...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

these both look increatiable, could only imagin how it made u feel!! love the colours in the temple, amazing...keep it up...buterflygirl

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You wouldn't believe how long I have looking for some pics of Indian temples.

Please keep up the good work....I wish I could visit India one day....you just arouse my interest
Sincerly
nsantoo@yahoo.com and also a hi5 member

6:23 AM  
Blogger Virtual said...

Thanks for appreciating my pics.. most of them I have taken myself .. in fact almost 99% some by Videos and some by Zenith old but very lovely camera and some by digital camera with optical zoom 12X ....

Pls keep in touch.. what is your HI5 ID .. I would love to keep in touch with you there too...

OM Namah Shivaya
Virtual

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home