Monday, September 12, 2005

My trip to Meenakshi Temple in Madurai...


The trip to Madurai was like a god send opportunity for me. My friend was transferred from Chennai to Madurai and he asked me to accompany him to Madurai which I readily agreed to. The temple of Meenakshi Devi at Madurai is one of the most famous temples in India and to me it has a special significance. Meenakshi Devi has given me a special Mantra when I was doing my meditations of Reiki (The whole story I have described in the blog elsewhere (almost in the beginning)). The day we reached, early in the morning me and my friend went to the temple before his joining of the Job. I must say that it was a great visit and I went back to the temple as long as I stayed there.. every day.
The Pic here is of the Golden Horse of the Chariot which is used to drive the chariot on special occasions when the Lord Shiva and His Devine consort takes a tour of the Holy city of Madurai...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home