Friday, September 23, 2005

The place comes alive with the power of Devotion....


I personally think that what many of the ISKCON temples lack in the power emanating from the idols, they make it up with their devotion and love for the God. Our temples like Kedar Nath, Neel Kanth, Madurai Meenakshi temple, Bala Ji Tirupati and also Kalka Ji are there for many centuaries and peoples constant devotion and attachment and prayers make those places very powerful.

As the whole place got filled up with bhajan and rhythmic dance and slowly and slowly the atmosphere changed. I was unmoved in the beginning but slowly I could feel the power . .. of the collective religious devotion gathering all around me and at one point of time I could really feel the Krishna coming down from the place his Idol was placed and playing with all of us. I did have had a great sensation at that moment. I felt a very cool breeze flowing down on me like an air curtain and my whole body tingling with electric sparks. In the end I was so engrossed with my mantra Jaap and chanting that I was doing with my Mala beads that I forget everything and flowed in the emotions of the people around me. I did infact started dancing with all those devotees.....

It was a lovely time that I have had and I must say that the place is full of positive energy and I was thrilled to have the experience of coming to a spiritual life with such a devout gathering. I must end the whole thing with a poem that I composed especially for those devout souls who danced with me or rather with those devout souls that I danced with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is the nicest post ,when you speak of the love you feel for krishna ,the fire comes to your heart,no matter hwat name i say let love rule thanks friend from regan.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Virtual said...

Thanks Regan... I always appriciate your words.. as they come from the heart...

I am going to finish my 8th lesson this weekend.. you will have it on Monday Regan in Mantra Yoga Group as well as here ...

OM Namah Shivaya
Virtual

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home