Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Many devotees in their old age live by Ganges in Kasi so that they die in her presence and attain nirvana...

This time I came across the river while on the way to meet few of my relatives on the way to Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh. I was passing through the Garhmukteshwar when I crossed the bridge in the evening.. On the bank there was a gathering setting up the Aarti of Ganga ma and I get off my car to go there. The sun was setting down and the orange glow was every where.. when I touched the river and sprinkled the water on head to purify myself as is the Hindu custom I felt refreshed. The river was in its full flow.. and the main stream was full of vigor and energy. Looking at it, I got transported to another plane of thought where the flow is like an energy stream that rises up from the bottom of spine to the top of head as Kundalini rises to reach the crown Chakra. The way any energy finds its way to the action, the way each river reaches its destination in the sea that each one of us understands, but the ways of Ganges is beyond ones grasp if one looks at the sheer devotion that it carries with it. The river becomes at each passing ghat more powerful with love it receives from her devotees. The same thing I find whenever I am in her presence. The beauty of her flow, the power of her each drop the power that she radiates is something to be seen to be believed.

After some time sitting by her banks, I found immense peace within and then slowly the Aarti started and after a long thoughtful mediation, I reluctantly left for my way back to Delhi.

Har Har Gange

Om Namah Shivaya

Virtual

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u have a very good way of expressing ur self .As there is a GANGA flowing on outer level ,which we can see frm ur eyes .There is a ganga flowing within too.
Whn the ganga of within flows u can feel the amrit flowing in each of ur cell .Making u fresh purified and happening .The ganga of without can be dirty by pollution but the ganga which flows within can never ever be AAPAVITRA(unholy).It takes u to the vast cosmic sea of conciousness.OUR REAL FORMLESS FORM.
PRANAM

1:00 PM  
Blogger Virtual said...

I agree with you anita... Completely

Om Namah Shivaya
Virtual

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home