Thursday, December 01, 2005

My Stay at Sivananda Ashram at Rishikesh....

This time I stayed in Sivananda Ashram, thanks to a friend who introduced me to a great person Swami Yati Dharmananda. A great person only 33 years old and he became sanyasi at the age of 25 years. He hails from an affluent family from Orissa a State in India, and was a software professional working in Singapore before he felt the lacuna within himself. He came to this ashram and now his daily routine is many hours of meditation and then setting up a state of the art Media center where he makes VCD DVD and spiritual albums along with their own printing center. I asked him does he have any regrets which, although a very blunt question, elicited a very calm reply. He said, “No I don’t feel regret as I feel that the worldly relationship does not last long and full of breaks in belief and relationship”. Finding him in those surroundings does make me feel so and I find bliss in his face which belies the young age that he has. How one can find bliss away from his mother, brothers and worldly pleasures is not hard to believe as I continued living there for two days.

1 Comments:

Blogger dost said...

very true said ... you know what i just met with him .. and feel same ... he is really has a very immressive personality

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home